The EVO5, the latest arrival in our line of transceivers, capitalizes on ARVA’s 35-year expertise to fit in the palm of your hand. Our R&D team pushed the size/performance ratio past the edge of the envelope to create a device that fits perfectly in your snow pants' pocket. With a 50m search strip width, group check, mark function, and an automatic revert-to-transmit mode, the EVO5 is jam packed with all of the essential functions needed to rescue an avalanche victim. Equipped with a backlit screen and a speaker that emits a precise, modulated beep, this transceiver will efficiently and effectively guide you to the burial zone. The EVO5 will be delivered with a carrying strap and a leash to allow the camera to slide into a pocket while keeping a solid attachment around the waist
The design and ergonomics of the device were taken into account from the very beginning of the EVO5's development to make handling simple and intuitive. A 3 position slider, an extra large screen and a central marking button make it easy to operate the device during the search.
- 3 antennas
- 50m search strip width: Bandwith corresponds to the size the area «scanned» by the searching device. The device’s search area increases as bandwidth increases. This criterion is often used to compare beacon performance.
- Group Check, test transmit frequency and power
- Mark function
- Digital signal processing
- Multiple burial indicator (3+)
- Automatic revert-to-transmit mode: During a search, in the event of a secondary avalanche, the return to transmit function allows the device to automatically switch back to transmit mode. This switch is activated either by timer after a certain period of time of user inactivity, or by motion detector after a certain amount of time where the device has not moved. Configure these timeframes in your beacon’s settings menu.
- Interference management: Interference management maximizes the device’s performance in search mode in an environment «overrun» by electromagnetic interference. To accomplish this, the device in search mode automatically reduces the bandwidth and ignores all other frequencies to focus solely on the beacon being tracked. This function can be deactivated by the user.
- U-Turn alarm
- Backlit screen
- Weight: 170g (including wrist strap and batteries)
- Height: 11cm
- Width: 7cm